Wednesday, September 5, 2007

LDD Color Challenge

Here's a LO I did for the Little Dreamer Designs color challenge. It was to create a LO using any shade of blue and brown. I have become SUCH a fan of brown since I started digi-scrapping. I used to not like it very well and now I absolutely love it. It looks so great with almost any color.

Credits: All papers by Michelle Coleman - Island Adventurers, Vintage Dreams-Retro, & Color Me Happy; paper tears by Traci Sims and Grace Bennett; ribbon by alexa; blue Handcrafted Happiness Alpha by Beth Nixon; frame by Amanda Roberts; circles by ksharonk (recolored); cardboard journal mat by Retrodiva-Bohemian Love Affair; BOY made from Vicki Stegall's DIY chipboard alpha; staples by IkeaGoddess; font: pea cammi-pea
I must be having withdrawals from the challenges of the ADSR because I have found myself looking for challenges to create more layouts. I have decided to join in the Stand Up and Scrap contest for this exact reason. I figure I can do one layout a week with not too much stress involved and I kind of enjoy being "challenged" to scrap outside my box a bit and try new things. The kit looks totally awesome and I'm excited to use it. Fun stuff. Sarah will be joining in the fun as well, and though it is anonymous and we can't post our layouts on our blogs until the end of the competition, I'm sure we'll be able to figure out each others' LO's (wink).
What I really need to focus on (as Todd keeps reminding me) is scrapping a specific period of time all the way through so that I can order a book and see how it is all going to look in that format. I think I'm going to start with our year we spent in La Crosse, WI last year since it has a clear beginning and end. It will be our "cheesehead diary". I better get workin'!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That LO looks great! I love how the picture is sepia toned!

I'm excited for this next competition, it'll be fun!

And, you should definitely get working on a book! I was originally going to do Hannah's first year, but I have decided to finish out the year 2007 so that I can go by year after that. So, I'm a little sad I won't be ordering a book as as soon as I wanted to, but hopefully I will early January!