Saturday, April 7, 2007

Your First Layout and Tutorial Links

Once you have some digital kits and have figured out what program you are going to use, it's time to work on your first layout! This is when you will fall in love with digi-scrapping! There are lots of helpful tutorials online that walk you through the first layout. I will post a couple specific links that I like for the first layout, but since it depends on what program you are using, I will then just put a bunch of links to some sites that have a lot of great tutorials for first pages, and anything else you could want to learn about. (Also a note, when you are done with your first layout, be sure to save in the original layered format like I talked about in a previous post. HERE is a more detailed desription of why and how to save your layout the different ways.)

First Layout:
Digital Scrapbook Place-Basic Page
PSE First layout - 3Scrapateers

*updated: HERE is a link to a new Startup Pack offered by Pickleberrypop that has a small sample to work with and a tutorial for a first page, as well as some info on digi-scrapping.

Using Templates:
Scrapbook-bytes - layered templates
Misty Cato's template tutorial


Tutorial Sites:
2Peas
Scrap Girls
Scrapbook-Bytes
Misty Cat0 - she has great tutorials most days of the week!
Digiscrapping
Digital Scrapbook Place
Scrapbook-Elements
DigiScrapShak
Cottagearts
Digitalscrapbookpages

Hummie's World has a gazillion links here too if you still haven't found enough. Chances are, if there is something you want to learn how to do, you just have to do a search online for it and you'll find 20 people to share their version of how to do it! That's something to be said about digi-scrapping - it's a very open community of people who are more than willing to share their knowledge and help people along!

7 comments:

Connie @ DigiScrapInfo.com said...

ACDSee Photo Editor is also a great program for getting started with digital scrapbooking! We have tutorials here and more coming.

http://www.digiscrapinfo.com/files/files.php?cat=3

Kristy said...

This is great, D. Your site looks awesome and the information is so helpful for someone just starting out!

Donna said...

Wow...Sarah told me you were into this digital scrapbooking...but I didn't realize ...how much. I thought I had created the idea a few months back only discover there was a world of it already. I keep thinking I can get into it like you guys, but I have about decided that it may not be my generations deal...but then again......when do I follow what my generation is doing?

Good stuff. Glad Sarah has a scrapbooking buddy!

Deanna said...

Donna, you'd be amazed at how many blogs I have visited and designers I have seen with women much older than you who are amazing at this!! Go for it!

Anonymous said...

This is great info D. You are the best for helping me get started. I am so glad I don't have to use the powerpoint program any more that was way harder and didn't look as nice. Love your new home page.

Brenda

Mandy said...

Great information. Thanks.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for sharing my site! I also have lots of tutorials on that website that I have written to help anyone get started in scrapping and in using Photoshop Elements.